Medical Weight Loss Clinic of Pittsburgh, PA
Weight loss is a difficult topic to discuss for many. All too often, adapting new fitness habits is so difficult that healthy lifestyles seemingly fail to stick. And all too often, these difficulties occur because people do not know where to begin in making changes. Sorting through conflicting information regarding weight and health is difficult, if not impossible. And understanding our individual health (and emotional) needs without medical guidance is nearly impossible.
We want to fix this and provide people with the information they actually need to lose weight and be healthy. That’s why Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness is the only weight loss option in the Tri-State area that offers both medical guidance and expert experience. Our goal is to change your view on nutrition and fitness so that it becomes part of who you are - not something you fight with. And our unparalleled expertise tells that if you practice healthy habits with expert supervision and guidance, you will be able to build the healthy lifestyle you have only ever dreamed of.
The time to make the changes you want to make in your life and health is now. If you’re looking to not only lose weight, but to have more energy, sleep deeper, lower anxiety, feel happier, and diminish any confidence issues you may be experiencing, give us a call at (412) 525-7692 or submit an online appointment request form.
Manage Your Weight with Nutrition, Exercise Plans & Physical Therapy
Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness believes in a personalized approach to weight loss and physical therapy. We combine the best of our many services to offer each and every one of our patients the ideal treatment plan for their body. If you’re ready to look and feel your best, submit an online appointment request form today!
Schedule an Appointment
FAQs on Weight Loss & Management:
What Is Your Approach and Philosophy To Weight Loss Efforts?
Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness looks at weight as more than a basic, stand-alone health issue. We understand that weight can ultimately interfere with our patients’ ability to fully enjoy and navigate their lives. Weight, to us, is more than a number. It’s something that affects everything in a person’s routine. From the ability to feel and look one’s best, to the ability to sleep and recharge each night, every part of life feels the effects of a struggle with weight.
That’s why, to help combat both the physical and mental wellness issues associated with excess weight, we offer personalized medical weight loss options and services. In fact, we are the only weight loss option in the Tri-State area that offers both medical and expert experience. That means we always ensure that, as part of their treatment, people have access to medically monitored and expert guided combinations of medicine-based and weight loss training services.
What Do I Need To Know About Your Medical Assisted Weight Loss and Nutrition Services?
These service options can include numerous combinations of the following:
- Hormone Replacement. HRT can help women lose unwanted belly fat, particularly the kind which appears post-menopause.
- HCG Therapy. Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) therapy may be helpful in reducing appetite and resetting/boosting metabolism. As a result, some people find these therapies helpful in losing weight.
- Appetite Suppression. A variety of appetite suppressants are available for us today. When used with medical supervision, in combination with guided nutritional changes, appetite suppressants can be a helpful weight loss tool.
- Metabolism Boosting. For some people, a slower metabolism (i.e. the number of calories, or units of energy, burned by the body and its organ systems daily) makes weight loss very difficult. However, by working with a weight loss professional, people can access safe metabolism boosters that can support weight loss efforts.
- Fat Burning Prescriptions. There are currently a number of FDA-approved prescription medications available to the public, some of which can help the body's natural fat burning process' function more effectively. As with other medications, taking these prescriptions via medical supervision can be beneficial and helpful to those trying to lose weight.
- Fitness Education. Fitness education programs are used to help people learn about specific fitness activities, physical activity goals and habits, and general healthy lifestyle advice. Once acquired and applied in daily life, this knowledge can make a big difference in a person’s weight loss efforts.
- Nutrition Coaching. A nutrition coach or health coach provides advice on an individual's nutritional needs and healthy lifestyle changes. Understanding the benefits of certain foods over others, and working with a professional on changing a diet over time, can be very beneficial in weight loss efforts.
- Emotional Support. For many, a lack of emotional support and encouragement makes it extremely difficult to stick to long-term healthy changes. Receiving this positive feedback as part of medical care, however, is often very helpful and helps people keep their morale up during their weight loss journey.
- Personalized Accountability. To lose weight and keep it off for good, accountability is key - but it's not always to stick to when working on losing weight alone. Therefore, our practice can offer accountability check-ins to ensure your progress is properly monitored not only by us, but by you.
- Access To A Private Gym. In addition to offering one-on-one training, Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness is proud to offer a private, “Member’s Only”, world class fitness facility. Rather than spending money on a gym membership, we invite our patients to access this gym as part of their weight loss care plan.
- Weekly Strategy Sessions. Weight loss via diet and exercise does not look the same day to day. It takes place over time, and is worked into our daily routines. To help people make this happen, Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness offers strategy sessions that make it easier to plan a full week of healthy meals, exercising, and so forth.
By combining the best of these services to meet your needs, we are capable of analyzing your body and creating a fitness plan that will help you reach your goals. We will show you the best equipment to use, how to approach nutrition, and will work with you to keep you on track and motivated to reach your goals. We will take your fitness goals seriously. And we will analyze your body type, BMI, and metabolism to create your individualized fitness plan with a medically directed program.
What Do I Need To Know About Your Anti-Aging Medicine/HRT Services In Regards To Weight Issues?
Dr. Prisk is a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. At Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness, aging is evaluated to be a process that can be slowed and in some cases reversed, particularly in terms of the way it affects weight issues. At Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness, we focus not just on anti-aging treatments, but anti-aging prevention. Therefore, we encourage our patients to proactively work on and utilize anti-aging care efforts, specifically via metabolic management (which can impact wellness and weight overall).
What Should I Expect For Wellness Services?
The following is what our physical wellness efforts (i.e. weight loss, anti-aging etc.) look like at Prisk Orthopaedics and Wellness:
Initial 30-minute evaluation with Dr. Prisk or His Nurse Practioner:
Evaluations for weight loss, HRT, and anti-aging metabolic management include:
- A detailed history and physical examination
- Body habitus review and body fat assessment
- Review of current diet and supplement use
- Hormonal deficiencies screening
- Initial treatment advice (Diet, Nutrition, and Exercise recommendations)
15-minute follow-up visits:
- Review of labs or advanced studies
- Diet plan review and updates
- Hormone/supplement Rx.
PACKAGES AVAILABLE. TRAINING AND CONSULT PACKAGES. MEET WITH DR. PRISK’S TEAM TODAY!
If you’re looking to not only lose weight, but to have more energy, sleep deeper, feel happier and less anxious, and diminish any confidence issues you may be experiencing, give us a call at (412) 525-7692 or submit an online appointment request form and begin your journey to better wellness via healthy weight loss.